Come Join Our Clinical Team
Current Opening for a Psychologist
(eligible for registration in the Province of British Columbia)
To support children, adolescents, and parents
To complete psychoeducational assessments
Seeking an attachment-oriented, family-centered, creative-thinking, registered psychologist with a profound respect for developmental approaches to understanding children and supporting parents?
The Wishing Star Lapointe Developmental Clinic is one of the largest child-focused private practices providing counseling, assessment, and support services to children and their parents in the Lower Mainland. A team of more than a dozen multidisciplinary therapists work together to provide a full spectrum of developmental services to clients ranging in age from birth to young adulthood.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Registered Psychologist available for 20-30 direct client hours weekly. Interest in working with a broad range of referral ages and issues, well-honed skills in parent support, and a theoretical framework focused on attachment and relational approaches is preferred.
- Our practice offers a collegial environment with development opportunities and regular clinical consultation with peers.
- Our administrative staff provides full service client care and administration.
- We have a professional online presence, a well-developed and engaging referral plan, and a large network of professional referral sources.
- We are the destination private practice in the Lower Mainland of BC for child-related support services with a focus on relational care, compassion, and empowerment delivered via a family centered model.
- Workplace culture and team connections are at the heart of our service provision model.
- Registered Psychologist (PhD level), and a member in good standing with the BC College of Psychologists (or be eligible for reciprocal registration). No applications will be considered without R. Psych. status already in place or reciprocal registration eligibility.
- Alignment with our guiding vision (www.lapointepsychology.com/about)
- Experience working with children and families.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player.
- Professional autonomy.
- Proficiency in a range of therapeutic approaches.
Life in South Surrey:
Our clinic is located in sunny South Surrey, just blocks from White Rock, and minutes from White Rock Beach and Crescent Beach. Our community boasts some of the best schools (public and private) in the lower mainland, affordable and comfortable housing options, amazing recreational programming and community involvement opportunities, a plethora of outdoor adventure opportunities (skiing and paddle-boarding all on the same day!), wonderful restaurants and farmers markets, and a great quality of life for adults and families away from the craziness of Vancouver proper but close enough to venture into it when wanted (a 30 minute drive).
The ideal candidate would be interested in becoming a long-term member of our established practice, and excited about settling into life in or near our community. We are able to offer strategic support and guidance for families interested in relocating, including daycare scouting, school placement advice, and support regarding housing options.
To discuss this opportunity with Dr. Vanessa Lapointe, founder of the Wishing Star, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with an accompanying cover letter addressing how you fit with our needs for someone who is an attachment-oriented, family-centered, creative-thinking, registered psychologist with a profound respect for developmental approaches to understanding children and supporting parents!
Click here to download/print this posting.